Murray Bridge RLA197827
61 Bridge Street Murray Bridge
08 8532 6666
08 8532 6229Contact us
It is hard to contemplate that we are almost half way through February, let alone the fact that we have only 3 weeks of Summer left! In case you are having trouble deciding how to spend your last few precious warm weekends, we have made a list of our top 5 things to do.
1. Experience a day at the Monarto Zoo. Can you believe that we have one of the largest open-range zoos in the world only 15 minutes from Murray Bridge? Whether you have been to Monarto Zoo before, or if you haven’t experienced it yet, you are sure to enjoy the natural safari-style setting with over 500 animals to see.
For more information see http://www.monartozoo.com.au/
2. Spend a morning picking strawberries at the Beerenberg Family Farm in Hahndorf. One of our favourite things about summer is the delicious fresh fruit that is available. Just over half an hour’s drive from Murray Bridge at Beerenberg Family Farm you can spend a morning picking the freshest and yummiest strawberries around. When you are finished, you could stroll down the historic main street of Hahndorf or head home and enjoy your tasty treats.
For more information see http://www.beerenberg.com.au/
3. Cuddle a koala at Cleland Wildlife Park. This stunning conservation park is only 50 minutes from Murray Bridge, and is home to some of Australia’s most iconic native animals. There are different experiences available, including talks from the animal keepers, night walks, and even holding a koala! There is a café at the park to take care of lunch and coffee, so all you need to do is enjoy.
For more information see www.clelandwildlifepark.sa.gov.au
4. Walk through the Morialta Conservation Park. Just over an hour’s drive from Murray Bridge, the Morialta Conservation Park is home to some of the most superb scenery in the state. From the waterfalls to the rock pools and creeks, there is so much to look at and enjoy along the walking trails. Why not pack a picnic lunch and just sit back and enjoy the setting.
5. Enjoy the sunshine at the beach! The beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula is only an hour’s drive from Murray Bridge, and is sure to provide a great day out for everyone. With plenty of great beaches to explore, you can play in the waves or relax on the sand with a book. Why not have some fresh fish & chips for lunch from a local café? There is something so calming about the ocean, and we are very lucky to be so close to it.
For more information see http://fleurieupeninsula.com.au