Murray Bridge RLA197827
61 Bridge Street Murray Bridge
08 8532 6666
08 8532 6229Contact us
With the sun shining and the days gradually getting longer, it is a great time of the year to get out and about in South Australia. There is so much to do & see, so we are sharing the places that are on the top of our list to visit;
– Tailem Bend has so much to offer. Take the family to the Tailem Bend Playground where they can play on the equipment, and climb upon the steam train. For lunch, grab some Fish & Chips from a local takeaway shop and enjoy in the sunshine by the river, or alternatively, take a tour of Old Tailem Town to really absorb the town’s history.
– Monarto is home to Australia’s largest open range zoo, and is situated only 15 minutes from Murray Bridge. Monarto Zoo is home to more than 500 animals, from the majestic Lions to the cheeky Meerkats. The Zoo always offers a fun-filled day with something for everyone.
– The Adelaide Hills are simply stunning this time of year. Everything is green, and the weather is more-often-than-not perfect. In Hahndorf you can pick fresh Strawberries, visit Melba’s chocolate factory, or take the kids to the Hahndorf Farm Barn. Handfeed the animals at Cleland Wildlife Park, or visit Mount Lofty Summit for breathtaking views across Adelaide.
– Mannum is always an enjoyable destination, where the air just seems to be fresher. Have a picnic on the banks of the Murray at Mary Ann Reserve, visit the spectacular Mannum Waterfalls, or Hire a Canoe and follow one of the River Trails.
– The Coorong National Park is home to one of nature’s most unique landscapes. The series of natural lagoons is home to a vast range of birds and wildlife, and is just over an hour’s drive from Murray Bridge. A favourite past time for many South Australian’s would be camping at the Coorong with family & friends.
– The Fleurieu Peninsula is fun for the whole family. Catch the Horse-Drawn Tram from mainland Victor Harbor to Granite Island to watch the adorable Fairy Penguin’s in their natural habitat, or play a round at Victor Harbor Golf Course. There are plenty of beautiful beaches to enjoy, and the food and wine in the Fleurieu is second to none.