29 Sep 2015
School Holidays are upon us once again and it looks like the weather is going to be beautiful! If you are lucky enough to have some time with your kids in the next two weeks, we have found 10 awesome things that you can do in Murray Bridge.
- Visit the Murray Bridge Public Library. Not only can you borrow books, movies, or music, but the library is also hosting fun-filled activities throughout the holidays. For more information, visit their website: http://sapln.ent.sirsidynix.net.au/client/en_AU/murraybridge/
- See one of the latest movies at the Cameo Cinema. There are some great family films showing these holidays including ‘Blinky Bill The Movie’, ‘Oddball’, ‘Pan’, and ‘Pixels’. Grab some yummy popcorn and a cold drink from the Candy Bar, and relax! All session times can be found here: http://www.cameocinema.com.au/sessions.asp
- Have a game of ten-pin bowling at Bridge Bowl. You can hire shoes there, so all that you need to bring is yourself! The added bonus is that they have a great special on for the School Holidays where you can play 3 games for the price of 2! For full details visit: http://www.bridgebowl.com.au/holspecials.htm
- Have fun on the huge playground at Sturt Reserve! The playground is fully fenced and undercover for safety, and features everything from swings, slippery dips, see saws, and a flying fox.
- Pack your lunch and enjoy a picnic by the river. The lovely Thiele Reserve on the Eastside of Murray Bridge is a perfect setting with its luscious green lawns, shelter, and small playground. Let the kids burn some energy any enjoy the sunshine!
- Be adventurous with a game of Laser Skirmish at Battle Arena! The Laser Skirmish complex is quite new to Murray Bridge and is very reasonably priced, with reduced rates for groups of over 10 people. With sound effects, music, and special lighting, the games are incredibly fun, and a printed score card is given at the end. For more information visit: http://battlearena.com.au/index.php
- Grab your helmets and go for a bike ride. Murray Bridge has great scenery that can be enjoyed on two wheels, so maybe take a camera along as well. If the kids are feeling adventurous, why not take them to the Skate Park at Sturt Reserve where they can try the various ramps & jumps.
- Visit the Woolworths Green Shopping Mall to colour in a sea-creature for their ‘Under the Sea’ mural! Once the colouring fun has finished, try out some of the new arcade games that are next to the Telstra Store. There is plenty of fun games to try, including an air-hockey table.
- Grab your fishing gear and throw in a rod! There are plenty of great fishing spots throughout Murray Bridge to try. This is a great way to spend some quality time as a family and make some wonderful memories.
- Have a day out shopping and treat everyone to a delicious lunch. The Main Street of Murray Bridge is loads of fun and has something for everyone. The kids will want to investigate Toyworld, and you can browse a range of clothing and homewares in various other stores. When you are all shopped out, why not grab a yummy milkshake or some lunch from Steamers Café?