Murray Bridge RLA197827
1/19 Adelaide Road Murray Bridge
08 8532 6666
08 8532 6229Contact us
Spring is selling season… you hear this all the time, and yet winter can offer some great advantages for sellers if you use it well. Generally, there is less competition in winter, as most sellers do wait until spring. If you have a particularly snug and cosy home with a wood fire, or perhaps under-floor heating, the colder months can help showcase your property at its best.
So here are our Professionals’ tips for presenting your home during winter:
1) Make it snug! If you do have a fireplace, use it to best effect. Clean the glass and make sure those coals glow. Buyers will love stepping into a warm home on a cold day of inspections.
2) Blankets, cushions and throws! Luxurious rugs on couches make a difference and can also add a splash of colour on grey days. Make bedroom furnishings look warm and comfortable with plush cushions and throws.
3) Lights & lamps: Make things bright. Turn on lights and lamps inside.
4) If you have any kind of hall stand or umbrella/hat stand – use it. Make sure it’s near the door at open inspections. Remember the welcome mat too so that prospective buyers can brush their feet before coming inside.
5) Or… shoes off! A note at the door asking buyers to remove their shoes shows that you care about your property… consider leaving a polite note on Home Open day.
Our sales team can assist you with these tips and more, for inspections during the winter months.